The Gorge Full day tour is a fun-filled day tour tailored for those adventure-minded folks seeking an active experience in the Gorge. If you have limited time, but want a taste of the hottest activities that Oregon has to offer, this is the tour for you!
Your day tour begins with an early morning hike to one of many breathtaking waterfalls and/or scenic viewpoints. We will choose the hike based on your preferences for levels of difficulty and scenery. Following the hike, we will head to Hood River for lunch and to watch kiteboarders show off jumps and tricks if there is wind. There’s nothing quite like it, and once you witness the sport, there’s no doubt you’ll feel inspired to give it a try!
After lunch, if there is wind, we will head to our favorite (and secret) kite spot where you will have the chance to fly a kitesurf training kite to get the feeling. If there is no wind on the day, we will stay in hood river and do a little stand up paddling on the river. If all of that sounds like a bit much, you can relax and sunbathe on the sandbank, cool off with a swim, hit local wineries, or just soak it all in! Our tours are small (4 to 5 people) and we’re flexible, so we’ll make sure that you get to do what you want to do!
Our last port of call will be a visit to a local winery or brewery to sample a flight of some of Oregon’s finest beers and wines. It’s a full day! You’ll be tired, but very satisfied and yearning for more!
The Gorge Full Day Tour (Tours start June – September – Fri, Sat, Sun)
8 Hours – $175 per person all inclusive
- 8am – Pickup at your location
- 9am – Arrive at the hiking trail head and begin our hike to a waterfall of your choice
- 12pm – Return to “Mama Matatu” and drive to Hood River
- 12:45pm – Have lunch in Hood River, and if there’s time, explore town
- 2pm – Arrive at our secret spot to relax, have some fun flying a kite if there is wind otherwise we go SUP(stand up paddling) in the river
- 4pm Visit one of the beautiful local winery in the area
- 5:30pm – Leave the winery and drive back to Portland
- 6:30pm- Arrive back in Portland and drop off at your accommodation
- Transport for the whole day
- Lunch at the brewery
- Snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
- Flying a kitesurf training kite(weather dependent)
- Stand up paddling SUP (weather dependent – $10 optional extra)
- 1 x Craft beer tasting flight or wine tasting flight (1 per person)
Note: Meals are not included
What to Bring:
- Good hiking shoes & Flip flops
- Hat, sunblock, sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Swimsuit and towel
- Anything else that you may want for the day.
Contact us to find out about availability and upcoming tour dates.